Complete this form only if you are a current user of the Graduate Research Rooms.
- Applications will be accepted only from graduate students with a UBC Library account in good standing with no outstanding Library fines.
- Once your application is approved you will arrange to pick up your keys within two weeks. Should you not pick up your keys within this two week period, your application to the space will be canceled.
- The Graduate Research Rooms must be locked at all times. Access to the rooms will be via a key that you must obtain from Parking and Access Control Services. A key account deposit of $20 is required.
- Nothing can be stored in the Graduate Research Rooms. The Ridington Room cabinets provide storage for library materials that have been signed out to you on your library card. Personal items as well as non-circulating library materials (including items in the reference collection) cannot be stored in the cabinets. Any such items will be removed and personal items will be transferred to the building’s Lost and Found. Each student is allocated two shelves; however more storage may be negotiated. At the end of occupancy, failure to return the Ridington Room cabinet key will result in a $20 library fine.
- If you forget your keys, IKBLC library staff will NOT be able to retrieve stored materials from the Ridington Room cabinets nor open the Graduate Research Rooms on your behalf.
- Only those students whose applications were approved by the Library may use the Graduate Research rooms.
- You may occupy the Graduate Research Rooms during Library book stacks open hours only.
- Windows must not be covered. Do not affix items to windows.
- Furniture in the Graduate Research Rooms must not be moved outside of the room nor should new furniture be moved in.
- Use of kettles, heaters and similar appliances are forbidden in the Graduate Research Rooms.
- The Music, Art & Architecture Library’s Food & Drink Policy is to be observed in the Graduate Research Rooms.
- Library staff members reserve the right to inspect the Graduate Research Rooms for infractions of the above conditions at any time. Prohibited items may be confiscated.
- Occupants will remove materials from the cabinets and return the room key to Parking & Access Services and the cabinet key, plus the receipt from Parking & Access Services, to the IKBLC Reference Desk within 5 days of end of occupancy, which is defined as the last day of term as stipulated by the UBC Academic Year Calendar found at: http://www.calendar.ubc.ca/vancouver/academicyear.cfm
- Failure to return keys within the specified time will result in suspension of library borrowing privileges.
- Extension of the use of the Graduate Research Rooms will be considered upon resubmission of the online application.
UBC Library reserves the right to change this agreement at any time.
UBC Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen items stored in the Ridington Room Cabinets or left in the Graduate Research Rooms.