The Digital Media Rooms provide music and media spaces to support faculty, students and staff at UBC. Located in the Music, Art & Architecture Library on level 3 of the Irving K Barber Learning Centre, the three high-tech, acoustically buffered multimedia rooms include:
- Acoustically buffered room equipped with table, 5 chairs, display screen, audio speakers, and a CD/DVD player. Please rent or bring your own computer to connect to the display screen.
- Capacity: 5
- Book now
- Acoustically buffered room equipped with table, 5 chairs, display screen, audio speakers, and a DVD/VCR player (will also play CDs). Please rent or bring your own computer to connect to the display screen.
- Capacity: 5
- Book now
Room 326 (Seminar Room - Faculty Only)
- Soundproofed seminar room equipped with conference table, 14 chairs, mac mini, display screen, audio speakers, turntable and Blu-Ray Player (will also play CDs).
- Capacity: 14
- Faculty request form
Use Policies (Rooms 324 and 325)
To ensure fair access to all users, please observe the following:
- Rooms can only be booked by groups requiring the audio/visual equipment in the room.
- Bookings can only be made by groups of 2 or more UBC students, faculty, or staff (exception made for interviews). The maximum room capacity is 5 people
- A group (not each member of a group) may book a room for up to 3 hours per day.
- A group (not each member of a group) may book a room for up to 3 weeks in advance.
- A group (not each member of a group) may book a room for up to 3 times a week.
- Rooms are only available when the MAA Library is open.
- Rooms must be vacated 30 minutes before the MAA Library closes.
- Groups who are more than 10 minutes late forfeit their booking.
- Rooms are to be used in compliance with the UBC Library Food and Drink Policy
- The Library reserves the right to delete bookings that are found to be in violation of the use policies.
- Bookings are made online through the Library Room Booking System.
The Digital Media Rooms are located on the 3rd floor of the Music, Art & Architecture Library. The rooms are locked and access must be requested through the Music, Art & Architecture Circulation Desk.
Wireless keyboards and remotes for the rooms can be signed out from the Circulation Desk.
- Visit the Information Desk on level 3 of the I. K. Barber Learning Centre
- Phone the MAA Library Circulation Desk at 604-822-8149
- Email the MAA Library at firstname.lastname@example.org