- Applications will be accepted only from graduate students with a UBC Library account in good standing with no outstanding Library fines.
- Once your application is approved you will arrange to meet with the MAA library within two weeks. Should you not respond within this two week period, your application to the space will be cancelled.
- The GRRs must be locked at all times. Access to the rooms is via a key that you will obtain from Parking & Access Services. An account deposit of $20 is required.
- Each student is allocated one bookshelf in a room to store library materials that have been signed out.
- Personal items, as well as library materials that are not signed out to you cannot be stored in the rooms. Any such items will be removed and personal items will be transferred to the building’s Lost and Found.
- If you forget your GRR key, MAA library staff will NOT be able to provide access to the GRRs.
- The GRRs are for individual use and only those students whose applications were approved by the Library may use the GRRs.
- The GRRs are only available when the MAA Library is open.
- Furniture in the GRRs must not be moved outside of the rooms nor should furniture be moved in.
- The MAA Library’s Food & Drink Policy is to be observed in the GRRs.
- We request that students document their use of the room via the provided sign-in sheets. Room use documentation provides evidence for continued support for dedicated graduate study space in the MAA Library. This documentation may also be used when approving renewal requests.
- All GRR users will be added to the GRR list-serv for MAA Library GRR communications.
- Extension of the use of the GRRs will be considered upon submission of the online renewal form. Renewal applications for the Fall/Winter academic terms (Sept-Apr) should be submitted during the month of August, and renewal applications for the summer term (May-Aug) should be submitted in April.
- Within 5 days of the end of occupancy, which is defined as the last day of term as stipulated by the UBC Academic Year Calendar, students will remove their materials from the room and return their key to Parking & Access Services. Once this is done, students will email the MAA Library that the key has been returned.
- At the end of occupancy, failure to return the GRR key within the specified time will result in a suspension of library borrowing privileges and a $20 library fine.
UBC Library is not responsible for any lost or stolen items stored or left in the Graduate Research Rooms.
UBC Library reserves the right to change this agreement at any time.